For those of you that don't know who Katrina is, she is our 13 year old daughter. While we have been going through the journey of adopting our little boy, Katrina has been very supportive and very encouraging about bringing her little brother home. Mind you, the other girls are excited as well about their little brother. They keep asking when Andrei will come home, if they can wrestle with him, ride bikes with him, etc.
Katrina has asked to come with us to meet her little brother on the 1st trip. You know how kids are - always wanting to go places and learn new things. We told Katrina if she could come up with the money for the fare to fly round trip, which would be around $1500, that she could come. We thought this would deter her from asking again about going. Katrina proved us wrong - she has been dumpster diving for cans so that she can recycle them. Just recently she signed up for detassling. If you don't know what detassling is, it's a very hard job where you get up at 430am, to go meet the bus at 5am and ride with a group of people out to the corn fields to detassle the cornstalks. Katrina and I went to a meeting last Thursday and they were explaining the requirements of what you had to wear and I was really shocked that they have to cover up from head to toe, wear hiking boots, wear rain gear and that they go every day for 16-23 days non stop no matter what the weather is excepting for lightning. From what I can understand, this is a VERY hard job and quite a few people quit within a few days. Anyways, my point is that Katrina is doing this so that she can earn the money to purchase her plane ticket to come with us. I looked at the earning potential on the paperwork that they gave us and if Katrina actually sticks it out, she will really get the money she needs for the ticket. That night when I came home, I looked at my husband, Doug, and I said I think we better get Katrina's passport ordered because I have a feeling that Katrina will succeed in getting the money for her ticket.
The reason why I am posting about this on here is because I want to say how proud I am of Katrina for doing whatever she can to come up with the money to purchase her ticket. Just like God says, if you have faith like a mustard seed, you can move mountains. Katrina has faith that she will be going to Bulgaria with us and has not once given up. It took my 13 year old daughter to show me that anything can happen with faith in God. I am so thankful that my family has strong faith in God, and that He will provide.
"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." ~ Philippians 4:13
No comments:
Post a Comment