It has been such a crazy week! Where do I start? We got our USCIS fingerprint appointment letter on Monday, but was told to go in early so that we could tell USCIS they are done. We decided to try on Thursday May to get them done, and if we couldn't get in we would try the next day. I'm thrilled to say we got in and out in just 15 minutes!! It took us an hour to drive to Omaha, but once we got into the building we saw that there was only one person ahead of us and so gave the receptionist our letters and she just stamped them and gave us forms to fill out. Not even 5 minutes later, we were called to get our fingerprints done. Riana, our 3 year old, was with us so I went in first to get fingerprinted. Doug went in after me so that one of us could be with Riana. We have a few friends that got their fingerprints done and got their I800a approval one week later. We are SO hoping that happens to us. To prepare for that possibility, we went to get most of our dossier apostilled yesterday. Unfortunately there were 3 documents that were done wrong so we will focus on getting those re-notarized and then back to be apostilled. Once we get our FBI background checks back from DC from being apostilled, all that is left to be apostilled is our I800a approval and then off our dossier goes to CHI, our adoption agency, for a last look over before it goes on to Andrei's country in Eastern Europe! Travel dates should come at the end of June! We are so excited to finally go meet our son in person. It's just a matter of waiting for USCIS now to give us that "golden ticket" as someone else said. I love that concept as it's so true!!
On top of all that happening, I had to finish filling out forms for my orientation for my new job that I start THIS Monday! It will be the first time in 11 years that I will be working full-time. I pray that my family handles me being gone all day 5 days a week and that nothing catastrophic happens! I am nervous but at the same time looking forward to a new experience. I have been asked "What about when Andrei comes home?" I then tell them that I do plan to take a family leave for about a month so that we all can work on attachment and bonding with him. Doug will homeschool Andrei in Math and Science and when I come home from work I will homeschool him in Social Studies and English/Reading. We believe that due to Andrei's inability to communicate, let alone having to learn English, homeschooling is the best option for us. We need to teach him american sign language so that he can communicate with us. If Andrei picks it up quickly, along with learning everything else, then we will make the next step as to what is best for him.
It's now that I really need your prayers more than ever - it looks like our adoption is on the fast track and that things are progressing along pretty quickly. Please pray for guidance and knowledge in getting through all this. We have been fundraising but it's not going as well as we had hoped. We know God will provide and have faith that it will all work out ok. We have been very fortunate that money comes just when we need it and continue to have faith that this is what we were called to do by God.
Thank you everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment