We are officially approved!!! We got our I800a approval letter last Friday - praise God!! Now we are hoping to finish getting our dossier paperwork together either tomorrow or on Tuesday. We need to get our physical forms updated, our I800a copy notarized and then everything apostilled and then get all the dossier documents off to our adoption agency CHI for one last look over before they send it off to Andrei's country! Another step closer to getting ready to travel and meet our son! We have a favorite saying in our house and that is "It is God's time, not ours". I would get frustrated that things were not moving fast enough as I worry about Andrei and not being able to communicate and be loved by us as he so deserves. What I did not realize is that God has a plan for everyone, including Andrei. It turns out that the slightest delay was for a reason. A friend of ours just brought home her daughter from the same orphanage, and told us that they have Andrei taking Universal sign language as when they found out he had deaf parents adopting him, they enrolled him in classes! My only regret is that they didn't do this from the time he was little. Imagine if they had done this long before, that Andrei would not be frustrated and not be left out all his life. We have experienced being left out and it is not fun at all. Fortunately it is not often that we are left out but imagine being left out ALL your life!
Today is a special day for mothers everywhere as it's Mother's Day. However it's bittersweet as I am unable to wish my mommy a Happy Mother's Day as we lost her to lung cancer in 2004. I have so much to be thankful for - my mommy is my role model of who I try to be by following in her footsteps. We have been blessed to have 5 girls and they are certainly mommy's girls (sorry Doug) and I hope that by teaching them what I have learned by experiencing what my mommy did for us, that they become good mothers in the future. Not just being good mothers, but following the Christian path as our Father so wants for us. By honoring Him, we guarantee to experience the holy spirit within us and will all meet in Heaven when it's our time. I look forward to seeing my mommy again and to thanking her for being the best mommy ever! For all you mothers out there, Happy Mother's Day to you!
Proverbs 31 v28-31 "Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lordis to be praised. Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate."
No comments:
Post a Comment