Waiting has been so hard - we just want to go meet our son, Andrei! I have been emailing Nina, our caseworker at CHI, to see if she had heard anything about our dossier being translated and submitted on and off for the past week and half. Yesterday, I had to call Nina for something, and decided to just ask her while I had her on the phone if she had heard anything. Nina said that the MOJ was meeting today and that our dossier wasn't submitted. :( However, Nina did say that our dossier would be done being translated and submitted to the MOJ meeting next week!!! Hearing that just made me all excited knowing that we are just that much closer to getting our official referral which means we can finally set up travel dates to go meet Andrei.
In the meantime, while we waited for news, we went to an adoptive family's reunion over the weekend. Boy, did we learn so much and met so many nice people who have already brought home their children from Andrei's country. It was a very hot weekend in Ohio, but being surrounded by people who knew what we were going through and seeing their children that are already home just made the wait all the more bearable. I was finally able to meet a blogging mom who has 10 adopted children and it was an amazing experience watching all the love that family has for each other. Throughout the weekend, we got to meet a couple who showed us the written language and some of the children wrote the alphabet in Cyrillic. I have a sheet with Andrei's name on it in Cryllic. The husband of the couple also showed us how to do the "horo" which is a dance back in Andrei's country. It was fascinating to watch and my girls enjoyed dancing along. The kids enjoyed having a water balloon toss, played "A minute to win it", scavenger hunt and played at the splash park. There is so much more that we did but suffice it to say a lot of fun was had by everyone. We have already decided to go back next year and have reserved a cabin.
I will be posting pictures soon of the weekend so you can see how much fun was had by everyone. Hopefully I can get more families that are adopting from the same country Andrei is in to come join us next year as it was a good group of people!
We will meet our son in due time. We know this, but being patient is hard. I thought this verse was perfect and would like to share it with you.
Ephesians 4:1-2 "I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, entreat you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing forbearance to one another in love"
Hi, Lynda! We're waiting too! I'll be praying you get some good news soon!
ReplyDelete