First of all, I would like to apologize for not blogging right away about our first trip, meeting our son for the 1st time, and what has transpired since then. With the girls playing sports, school starting up again for Doug, and me getting caught up at work, it has been crazy!
I have started several blog posts about our trip, and need to insert pictures and then they'll be ready to go. All I can say is it was an AMAZING time!! We miss our son, Andrei, and look forward to when we can bring him home.
In the meantime since we have been back, many things have been going on the adoption front. We got our I800 approval on September 26th. This I800 approval was wired to the US Embassy in country. We were notified by our B&^%ian agency that we had a Visa interview (that our agency represented us at) on October 4th and was issued an Article 5. That in turn has been submitted to the MOJ for a signature. This is what we are still waiting on.. a signature by the Minister of Justice. I have a few friends who have been waiting since September for their signature and have not yet received it yet. I am hopeful it will be REAL soon that we get a signature because that stack of papers needing a signature must be pretty tall now. :) Once we get a signature on our Article 5, our entire file will be submitted to the courts. This is seperate from the MOJ, and this is when they let us know when we have a court date to finally decide yes/no if Andrei is to be our son!!
Please keep us in your prayers as this has been a very stressful time for me. Now that we have met our son, I am all the more anxious to bring Andrei home and to be a family. The waiting is really hard for me to endure, even though God tells me that it will happen, and He will provide and take care of us.
Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Thanks for updating, Lynda! So great to know that your trip went well and everything is moving along to finish up your adoption. I know, the waiting only becomes harder after meeting your child and having to come home without them!
ReplyDelete