Praise God! We have a court date - December 14, 2012!! I am still in shock over it after having the weekend think it all over. It was just an ordinary day until that moment that I opened my email from Nina, our caseworker. I literally screamed and scared my co-workers. One came rushing in and asked me if I was ok. I'm just sitting there sobbing we have a court date. We have a court date!!! I went and told all my co-workers that we have a court date! I know I keep repeating that but that is how I kept thinking for the rest of the day. I was not very productive at work because that is all I could keep thinking. Praise God! We will officially have a son on that day and I will be a mama to 6 kiddos. Note, I did not say girls. I now have to say kiddos/children because no longer will I be a mama to all girls. :D
It is becoming more and more real that this is actually happening. Unfortunately, it's a little bittersweet because I also learned that a deaf couple who has been trying to adopt a little boy from Russia were denied their adoption. They have gone 3/4 times to court, tried to explain that deaf people CAN raise children. Unfortunately Russia is behind the times and does not think that is the case. Umm.. they can be further from the truth. Look at us! My husband Doug and I are both deaf and we've parented 5 girls for 22 years and our girls are very intelligent, tenderhearted individuals that we have raised. We need to educate other countries about children: deaf, blind, downs syndrome, and the list goes on. They are stuck in the old ages where they think those children are not worth raising and apply that same theory to adults who show up to adopt children like themselves. Fortunately Bulgaria does not think that of adults, and let us proceed to adopt our son.
Thank you all for praying for us throughout this process. We are so close, we are so excited! All I can do is be joyful that pretty soon we will go and bring our little boy home!
Philippines 4:4 -
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!!
ReplyDelete