I realized that when I was blogging away that I forgot to mention details of the little boy that we are adopting as some people have asked me what his name was and how old. Right now, his name is Andrei (In US, the translation is Andrew). I am not sure if that's his real name but that is what CHI has him named as I do know they give alias to protect the child's identity until formally told by Bulgaria that the child is actually ours. We have decided to wait to see Andrei to decide if he wants to keep his original name or if he wants to participate in picking out his own name. It is different when your child is a baby and you can name him/her so this is a unique experience for us. Andrei just turned 7 in January so will be very close in age to Erikka who is 8, and many cousins who are close in age as well.
CHI has a family en route to the orphanage, and is hoping that the family can get an update for us with perhaps a picture. If we get anything, I will be sure to share that with you.
Thanks to everyone for your support and encouragement! It truly means a lot to us.
Andrew sounds like a sweet boy - I am sure Erikka will be happy to have someone close to her age in the family. Riana will be thrilled to have an older brother, too!
ReplyDeleteI know that the good Lord is giving his blessings on you and your family now. Youve been working so hard and keeping the faith going.
I cannot wait to meet Andrew and welcome him into our arms, too.
xoxox
Missy