Friday, February 17, 2012

Late post - It is official now!

Sorry for not posting sooner when this happened but my family comes first and I finally have time to put some thoughts together and post it on here.  As I mentioned on my previous post, I got a job offer and that I wasn't sure if I was going to take it.  I ended up accepting the offer last Friday by email.  The following Wednesday I was told by my boss that he was closing the business and that all were let go temporarily as he wanted to go to take care of his best friend who's dying from Pancreatic cancer. While, I'm sorry about his best friend, I cannot help but say Thank you, God!  He just knew that I needed to stay employed for the adoption process and led me to this new opportunity.  I had my drug test yesterday and now am waiting for the background check appointment to go get my fingerprints done.  Despite my reservations and being anxious about starting a new full-time job, I know God would not give me what I cannot handle.

It is official now!  We have submitted our application to our adoption agency called Children's House International (CHI), and that we have started to compile our dossier to send to Bulgaria.  Fortunately, both CHI and our homestudy caseworker are very understanding about the situation with my 1099 form and the delay in getting our tax return done.  It all seems so surreal but I know that it's what we want and what God is calling us to do.
Please pray for me with my new job and also for our family in going through this new process to adopt a little boy to be part of our family.  I am truly thankful to my Mom and Dad for adopting me and giving me the best life growing up and I can only pray that we are able to give our little boy the same as what my parents did for me.

Thank you Mom and Dad!!

1 comment:

  1. Im sure this is a blessing in disguise - just last week before you got the email about the job, you were a bit worried about the money... and now look at you! A soon-to-be fully employed mammy!

    ReplyDelete