Thursday, February 9, 2012

Wow!

Where to begin? Bear with me as yesterday was a day of many events. It all started with a phone call with a job offer, which really threw me off kilter. I had applied for that job about 3 years ago, so am mindboggled that I'm just hearing about it now. I'll be praying on that to see if I should take that job as I do enjoy being home with Riana in the afternoons spending one on one time with her before the girls get home from school. She is my last baby and I cherish every moment that I have with her. I did get a headache later on in the afternoon so wanted to take a nap in hopes of getting rid of it so that I could go to bible study and thankfully I was feeling better so I went. I hadn't checked my emails before I went so when I got home, I finally got on to check my emails and, lo and behold, there was an email from Nina from Children's House International letting me know that the little deaf boy that we were interested in last December was available and did we want him?! I was escatic and hollered for Doug to come and read the email and he, too, was in shock.  Apparently, the family that was in process of adopting him was taking too long with their paperwork that the Bulgaria foundation got frustrated and asked Nina to find another family. I had told Nina to let me know if he was available again. Praise God, is all I can keep saying. This little boy is living in an orphanage in a small town that has no deaf resources.  This means this little boy has no communication skills aside from gesturing and pointing. Imagine trying to communicate your wants or desires and not being able to get that across to anyone. I just know he is one frustrated little boy that just wants to shine.

Please pray for our family as now we'll have to push hard to get all the paperwork together and that means getting the tax return completed. I will be calling to see what the status is on my 1099 form as that is the only hold up on our tax return, thus the only holdup on our homestudy being approved. In the meantime, I can focus on getting other paperwork sent off to be apostilled while waiting for one itty bitty paper that means everything to actually placing a hold on this little boy that I just know would be a great addition to our family!

1 comment: