We got the fabulous news that Andrei is officially on hold for US! The Ministry of Justice met last week and went through the paperwork that many families send as a process to adopt a child. The MOJ then goes through the paperwork to see what child would best fit with the potential parents and then sends out referrals or accepts requests from families on certain children they are interested in. We had sent our paperwork via our agency on February 16th and the MOJ has decided we're the best match for Andrei and so set aside his file!! This is a relief as we now know the MOJ has accepted us and our paperwork and now it's just a matter of wading through the paperwork, red tape and emotional roller coaster of more paperwork but it will all be so worth it when we bring home our little boy!
Our homestudy is almost complete - it's still waiting on my 1099 form! I pray that I get that pretty soon so we can move on to the next step which is sending an I-800a application to the USCIS for us to be approved to adopt from another country. That, in itself, will take approximately 2 months.
Doug is continually reminding me to have faith, to let Him take care of my worries. I can be very impatient and worrying about Andrei isn't good but I know He will take care of Andrei until we are able to fly to Eastern Europe to meet him!
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer!" ~ Romans 12:12
No comments:
Post a Comment